Bibleguidance is an interdenominational Christian ministry aimed at proclaiming and promoting basic facts on evangelical Christianity. The timeless truths of the Bible are exposed as well as various contemporary issues and trends. Much attention is devoted to the fulfilment of biblical prophecies. As a discernment type ministry we are intent on making a clear distinction between true and false interpretations of Scripture. Biblical statements are interpreted in the light of correlating scriptures.
Our main objective is to glorify the Lord Jesus so people may be drawn to Him. All biblical themes are studied from the viewpoint of Jesus Christ since He is the personification of the Word of God (Rev. 19:13). It is only when we know Him that we will be able to correctly understand biblical prophecies, “for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy” (Rev. 19:10). Prophecies cannot be properly interpreted without taking into account the different capacities in which Christ reveals Himself to humanity. The following are the most important of these revelations:
· During His first coming Jesus was the humble Servant who gave His life as a ransom for the sins of the whole world (Phil. 2:5-8). He is the Lamb of God who was sacrificed for the justification of all sinners who turn to Him with repentant hearts (John 1:29).
· During the dispensation of the church the Lord Jesus is our High Priest and Mediator who always lives to make intercession for us at the Father’s throne of grace (Heb. 4:15-16; 7:24-28). Although He is physically separated from us He abides with us through the Holy Spirit during the entire church dispensation (Matt. 28:20; John 14:23). By the filling of the Holy Spirit we can have a stronger consciousness of His presence as well as greater appreciation for His exalted status as Lord and God.
· When Christ returns from heaven after the church dispensation He will first come secretly as the heavenly Bridegroom to take His bridal congregation to her heavenly home (John 14:2-3; Matt. 25:6-10; 1 Thess. 4:16-17).
· Directly after the catching away of the true church all believers will appear before the judgement seat of Christ in heaven to receive their awards of grace (Rom. 14:10-12; 2 Cor. 5:10; 1 Cor. 3:8-16). On this occasion Christ will be their Judge.
· After members of the bridal congregation have all received glorified bodies, were united with the Bridegroom and received their awards at His judgement seat, they will be assembled around the throne to judge the world in righteousness (1 Cor. 6:2). As Judge of the wicked Jesus will break the seals of God’s judgements and pour out His wrath upon the unrepentant world during the seven-year tribulation (Rev. 6 to 16). As Lamb of God who laid down His life for all sinners He will be worthy to judge those who despised His grace (Rev. 6:12-17).
· At the end of the seven years of tribulation Christ will return to the world as King to destroy the Antichrist, the false prophet and their followers, bind the devil in a pit, restore the throne of David in Jerusalem and then, with His saints, rule over the world for a thousand years (Acts 15:16-17; Rev. 19:19 to 20:6).
· After His millennial reign of peace the Lord Jesus will again act as Judge – this time on the great white throne. All unsaved sinners of all time will be resurrected from the dead and appear before Him to be judged according to their evil works. That will lead to their final condemnation when they will be cast into the lake of fire (Acts 17:30-31; Rev. 20:11-15).
The destiny of all people can be accounted for in terms of their relationship with Jesus Christ. All those who received Him as Saviour, and also serve Him, are among His holy ones who will be co-heirs of His kingdom. His enemies who rejected Him will be the objects of His wrath. Bibleguidance is devoted to revealing the nature and implications of entering into a relationship with Jesus Christ as the only Saviour of the world, as well as the awful consequences of not having such a relationship.
In this ministry we uphold an evangelical confession, act interdenominational and consequently do not promote the dogma of any particular church. We collaborate will all who subscribe to the same biblical convictions, without any reference to the denomination with which they are associated.
The editor and author of most of the articles and books on this website, Johan Malan, was professor of Anthropology at the University of Limpopo in South Africa between August 1978 and January 2006. As the son of a former missionary in South Africa and Swaziland, the late Rev. J.S. Malan, Johan received a thorough training at home on the literal, premillennial interpretation of biblical prophecies on the end-time. He realised that the practice of spiritualising these prophecies has done great harm to the meaning of prophecies related to the restoration of Israel, the Second Coming of Christ and the emergence of an antichristian new world order. The consequence is that many Christians do not have a clear future expectation, and are not well prepared to remain spiritually standing in a time of great deception.
This state of affairs motivated Johan after his conversion and rebirth in 1972 to make an intensive study of biblical eschatology and to disseminate knowledge on this subject. He only uses the Bible as a factual and doctrinal source. His first book on Revelation, The Hour of Darkness , was published in six languages – English, Afrikaans, Russian, Estonian, Portuguese and Swahili. He subsequently wrote another book on Revelation, The Day of the Lord (a commentary). Both books have been published online on his website. Johan also conducted research in Israel, leading to the publication of various articles as well as a book on Israel which was published in four languages.
After Johan retired early in 2006, he first relocated to Middelburg in Mpumalanga and subsequently to Mossel Bay. He and his wife, Wilma, also have a literature ministry in which they publish various books in Afrikaans and English. Visit our booklist for more details.
The webmaster of Bibleguidance is Gerald Vos, a friend of the Malans. He and his wife, Helene, stay at Middelburg in the Eastern Cape. They are also responsible for distributing CD’s and DVD’s. For more details, return to our homepage.